In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision in our school. This funding is ring fenced which means it can only be used in sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The DFE vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our school.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.