The National Curriculum for Science aims to ensure all pupils:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific areas of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Areas covered are:
Animals, including humans
Living things and their habitats
Forces and Magnets
States of matter
Earth and space
Evolution and inheritance
We have also developed our own Academy principles of Science which are:
- Everyone is excited and enthusiastic about their Science lessons.
- We take our scientific ideas home and share them.
- Science lessons are hands-on and we get to use lots of different equipment.
- My teacher is not always leading the lesson, giving us the chance to find answers ourselves.
- Everyone asks questions to further their scientific knowledge.
- Our Science lessons are related to the world around us, so we can see the significance in learning about it.
- We will use English and Maths skills in our Science lessons.